Re: CACO3

Hi Ken...

Have you considered crushed coral? I've added some to my Aquaclear 500
filter in a mesh bag. That's increased my KH (CaCO3) quite a bit. The CO2
I'm adding to the tank lowers the overall pH, which slowly dissolves the
coral and (hopefully) adding calcium to my water. I actually did this to
help add some buffering capacity to my water, as Portland tap water is waaay
soft.

I also have some Calcium EDTA added to my PMDD which boosts the level of
calcium, too.