Re: Aroids

Hello tsuh yang
Thanks for pointing out the mistake with the tacca, I realised later
when I looked it up in the checklist of vascular plants of the NT and
was shocked not to see it in the aroids.   I was hoping nobody would
notice.   I first saw a plant I know as Raphidophora australasica
growing submerged in streams on the escarpment in the south of Kakadu
National Park.  The plants growing in the water emerges and climbs up
trees at the edge of the water, mostly they are terrestrial plants
with an adaptation to live underwater.   They are available here in
local nurseries so I put some in an aquarium and some in a pond
submerged and have had them growing slowly underwater for over two
years.   They grow much faster out of the water in sandy soil in a
shaded mist house.

Cheers
Dave