PMDD dosing of fish

>Has anybody noticed any ill-effect on a fish immediately coming in direct
>contact with PMDD drops while dosing?

I don't use PMDD, but the morning after I added a solution of KNO3, Epsom
salt, and KCl, I had one cardinal tetra dead that looked as if it had been
burned (most of body blackened as if charred), a second cardinal had a
large black spot on it that looked like what the dead one had but it
recovered.  If I get the stuff on my hands, it burns my skin, although
mildly, so I wondered if the solution did this to those tetras, yet I'm
sure people on the list say they add these chemicals in dry form, which has
to mean potential for much greater exposure than the dilute solution I
added.  But I wondered, and I've added the stuff to change water or scared
fish away from where it goes in to the tank ever since.

Ellen O'Connell
Parker, CO
mailto:oconnel4 at ix_netcom.com
http://www.rottrescue.com/