Re: Lotus seeds

Now that 2 of the 3 lotus seeds I planted (from Chinese lotus pods
purchased from a craft supply store) have sprouted, are they the right kind
of "lotus" to grow submerged in an aquarium?   Or should I be looking for a
5 gallon (or larger) flower pot without a drainage hole and grow them
outdoors in a pot of muck?  "Lotus" is such an overused word; I assume
these are Nelumbo species rather than Nymphaea.  Why am I asking these
questions *now* instead of before I planted them?  :-)

Best regards,
Bob