Re:name that deficiency

> My nitrate is high because I was adding kno3 and it's not being used up!
> everything is  in line except iron is 0. I know the kit is right because I
> get a reading after dosing, It just gets sucked up so fast. I'm afraid of
> overdosing.

Why are you afraid of overdosing something you can easiy remove with a water
change? Have you had a bad experience related to overdosing when the other
ranges are good? If the CO2, NO3 are good you can add a lot with little
negative effects. 2-3x recommend dosing are very common ranges for a well
growing tank.
I still don't think the issue is traces, you might be a little low but not
that much to have plant problems like this.
I'd look to the PO4/K/NO3. Double check those test kits. Make a test
solution to check them to see(add a small amount of KNO3 in a 250 ml of H20
etc).

> The tank is 2 months old. I had an algae problem that was due to low co2.
> thank tom barr. I had a strange ph probe that read the calibration solutions
> correct, but my tank water incorrect- even if I took a sample of water out of
> the tank. I dealt with lou from hawaiin marine, I sent him the probe and he
> tested it and said I was one in a million and sent me a new one for free! Now
> that the tank isn't c02 limited is when this deficiency came about. I'm
> thinking about adding iron along with tmg to keep a reading and see how the
> tank improves. I'm sure my N03 will start getting used up once my traces are
> right. any other suggestions?

PO4, high K.
Regards,
Tom Barr