off topic question

hi all!!

I have a question that is a little off topic, but
maybe somebody can help.

I have some japanese trapdoor snails in my tank, and
thier shells seem to be getting thinner. The small
ones are very thin and seems to be dying off pretty
readily. I have in large one, the only original left,
who's shell seems to be in good shape.

I know they need calcium, but how do I get it in
there? is it one of the trace elements I hear so much
about. And how do I make sure the snails are getting
it?

Can anyone help? email off list is okay.
Thanks
Kate