[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Trying to get my CO2 right
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Trying to get my CO2 right
- From: Paul Sears <psears at nrn1_NRCan.gc.ca>
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:56:04 -0400 (EDT)
- In-reply-to: <200204291948.g3TJm1A02199 at acme_actwin.com> from "Aquatic Plants Digest" at Apr 29, 2002 03:48:01 PM
> From: "Wah" <tswah at mbox3_singnet.com.sg>
> Subject: Trying to get my CO2 right
> OK, I managed to save enough for some test kits.
> Right now, I want to get my CO2 levels really CORRECT and IDEAL as mentioned
> in the pH against KH against CO2 charts in Aquabotanic weekly newsletter.
> Do I just need the pH, KH and CO2 test kits? Or are there anymore test kits
> to get? I don't want to spend on the wrong stuff. All advice is appreciated!
Get pH and KH, forget the CO2 one. I don't think that that
measurement will ever be much good. (I've explained why before.)
Even the pH measurement must be quick, if a sample is taken from the
aquarium, because the CO2 leaves the solution and the pH changes.
A pH probe _in_ the aquarium is much better.
Paul Sears Ottawa, Canada