Re: phosphates off the scale

ken shaffer:
"i performed daily water changes and could not affect the phosphate levels.
i changed all of the pipes to the eheim cannister filter thinking there
might be phosphate residues
coming from the old filter. btw... the filter is charcoal. is that a
problem?"

Hello Ken,

I recalled that I have read somewhere that some charcoal/activated carbon
can leech phosphates.  I don't use charcoal in my filter, so I haven't
really have experience in that.  Maybe this is one of the area you can
check.

BC (Singapore)