Re: Lighting Question

Madan Subramanian wrote that flourescent lighting seemed insufficient in a
21" deep tank, but added that there were no reflectors being used. I think
the lack of reflectors is the problem, not the type of light, since without
reflectors much of the light is being wasted.

Like many others here, I use AH supply flourescent lights with their awesome
miro reflectors. I have 220W over my 72 gallon tank and everything pearls,
from the horizontal-growing glossostigma which is at least 24" from the
lights on up. Even the algae pearls! Growth is very good as well.

-Rachel