Re: Lexicon, anyone ?

> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:24:39 -0400
> From: "Newcomb, Lew" <lew.newcomb at eds_com>
> Subject: Lexicon, anyone ?
>
> [...] but YMMV still has me stumped.  "Your M??? May Vary" - is
> the best I can do.  Anyway, it's not that I'm looking for specific
> answers here, but if there are enough lurkers or newbies who are
> confused but can't bring themselves to ask, would it be helpful for a
> repository to be created somewhere?  One that can be added to and
> updated...  Is there already one that I have missed?

The short answer is STFW.  ;-)  Your questions are easily answered in
about 2 minutes on Google (http://www.google.com/).

There are any number of places on the web that collect these kinds of
things, here is one of them:

The Jargon Dictionary: http://info.astrian.net/jargon/,
specifically: http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/y/YMMV.html

Some of the more popular acronyms can also be found in the more general
purpose dictionaries, such as:

http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?YMMV
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=ymmv

I like Dictionary.com because it pulls definitions from a variety of
sources.

--Bill