Godfrey & Wooten

Is anyone familiar with the books "Aquatic & Wetland Plants of the
Southeastern United States" by Godfrey and Wooten? For the life of me I
can't figure out how they organized the books - they published the volume on
monocots in 1979 and then brought out the companion volume on dicots in
1981. But within each volume, the treatment of the various angiosperm
families found in wetlands doesn't follow either an alphabetic nor any other
scheme of ordering that I can figure out. Does anyone have any ideas?

James Purchase
Toronto