Exploding glass, unven floors, 90 gallons

BC wrote:

> Without the foam, if there is a bump on the surface
> which the tank sit on, tremendous pressure & stress can be concentrated on
> that bump.  BTW, I am also refering to cabinets or stands with a solid top
> and not the metal frame stands.  Personally, I do not like the frame
> strands because the weight of the tank is only supported by a very small
> area... mayde 10~20 gal is ok... I wouldn't place a 100 gal on this type of
> stand.

But glass tanks are supported by their plastic rims, not by
the glass.  This is all the support they are designed to
need or require.  If you check the manufacturer I believe
you will find that supporting the glass itself will negate
the warranty.  Plastic tanks on the other hand
conventionally require full flat bases for support.

RTR/Robert