Plastic Rim Failure

On the thread of the plastic rim on the tank popping, I had a similar, but
different, thing happen. On my 55g, the plastic "brace" that goes from the
front to back of the plastic rim (in the middle) broke while I was cleaning
one day. The front glass of my tank actually BOWED (!) but didn't break.
YIKES!!! I used that as an excuse to run out & buy a new 72g bow-front. I
didn't even want to mess with trying to fix it. That's a lot of water. And
tanks themselves aren't that expensive.

penny