weed choked tank and black & curly leaves

Daniel, I think I know what causes the black and curly leaves of H.
polysperma, but I can't get your picture.  All I get is the Tripod logo.
Anyway, do you by chance have lights on 24 hours a day?

Tom, I would like to see the weed choked tank, but I can't download the
picture.  I get a page suggesting two reasons why I can't download, but I
know it isn't between 2:00 and 2:30 AM Pacific standard time, and I am
pretty sure the picture isn't too large for my browsers (Netscape 6 and
Internet Explorer).

Paul Krombholz in summer-like central Mississippi, with a stagnant weather
pattern with no rain for over a week.   Crested flycatchers and wood
thrushes have arrived.