OT: tank question

Hi ... pardon the off-topic question but it's related to
aquariums and there are many experts on this list.

While working on my 20g long micro-reef last night,
I heard a loud popping noise. It was the trimming that
surrounds the top of the tank.  It just pull-apart snapped
in two, right in the center. (I have no idea what AGA
tank trimmings are made of. It looked like wood, or
maybe it's plastic made to look like wood.)

The tank is still standing and seems secure. But the
glass obviously expanded quite a bit to cause such a
break. Should I get rid of this tank, or is it safe to
continue using it?

thanks,
    shireen

--