Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #43

In a message dated 4/21/02 3:54:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Does anyone have any experience with pine cones in the
 tank? [or anything similar]  Any
 advice/concerns/recommendations etc.???

We have the great big pine cones here, some are one foot long. I thought it
would be cool to put a dry open cone in an aquarium. the next day the cone
had soaked up with water and closed up destroying the effect of the open
cone. I took it out so I don't know about the long term effects.

Moon