[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Another removal method
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Another removal method
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 02:01:04 -0700
- In-reply-to: <200204200748.g3K7m2I03733 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Subject: Re: Large plant removal technique
> I hope I can explain this well enough in words. It's easy to show in person.
Aww heck, forgot another one:
You know those spatula thing -a- ma-jigs that Amano sells, well I use these
all the time, but I use a cheap plastic plaint scraper for 89 cents that are
2-4inches wide you can get at most any hardware store and they float and are
yellow. Make good algae scrapers too.
Simply use these to cut a 2-3 square sod all the way down deep into the
gravel cutting right through the roots. Slowly jiggle loose.
I do this same thing with hairgrass sods, Crypts and runners that get out of
Still do that water change afterwards!