[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: budding barclaya
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: budding barclaya
- From: Roger Miller <rgrmill at rt66_com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 04:59:27 -0600
- In-reply-to: <200204150748.g3F7m3c21144 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200204150748.g3F7m3c21144 at acme_actwin.com>
On Monday 15 April 2002 01:48, Rachel wrote:
> I have a very small Barclaya longifolia which started from a rhizome. The
> longest leaves on it are only about 3" long. It has put out a bud which has
> not yet opened.
The bud develops quickly so by now you may already know what the flower looks
like. I don't have photos for you, but I can tell you that the flower is not
worth it. It's fairly large for an aquatic plant flower, but there's nothing
there that you would call a petal. Pretty ugly all in all.