[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: filterless discus
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: filterless discus
- From: Roger Miller <rgrmill at rt66_com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 04:54:47 -0600
- In-reply-to: <200204150748.g3F7m3c21144 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200204150748.g3F7m3c21144 at acme_actwin.com>
On Monday 15 April 2002 01:48, Wayne wrote:
> I use an Aquaclear 500
> sponge cut in half over the pump intake. I try and remember to clean it
> once a week so I think this qualifies as mostly filterless as the sponge
> is the only filtration provided.
For entirely aesthetic reasons I put mechanical filtration on any of my tanks
that might be considered show tanks. That is to avoid the 24 hour wait after
a disturbance that it usually takes for them to become completely clear.