anubias blooming

hi all,

been lurking on this list for a couple of years.....dont have a "real" plant
tank, but i love reading all the posts and such.  one day maybe i will have a
tank just devoted to plants...

anyway, i have a 50 gallon tank that has 3 LARGE goldfish in it and i have
planted it with crinums and anubias.  so far, so good.  the plants are all
growing well....crinums are wrapped around the top of the tank already!   i
thought that my 2 anubias nanas were getting new leaves, but now i think they
are about to bloom.  is this a good thing?  can i cut them off to promote
vegetative growth?  the focus of this tank is really the fish, but im just
curious about the anubias.  please forgive my lack of knowledge.  thanks,
robert

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---