re: Filterless Discus?

>>I am not a Planted tank genius, but I know general
fish needs, and
filtration is not one of them.<<

Let me stipulate that I am not a fish genius.  But
having said that, I don't think one should advocate
keeping discus without biological filtration, without
saying exactly you mean by water changes.

Someone that can't be bothered to mess with filtration
probably also can't be bothered to do the number and
amount of water changes required to keep discus.

If you are going to say water changes only, just for
the sake of clarity, you need to say what scale you
think is appropriate.  Just my opinion.

Arthur