Re; New System...wish me luck....please...

<<  I have been a hobbyist for years. My last foray into aquaculture was with
a 125 gal marine system, of which I had moderate success, until I found that
my 4 children were the one more expensive thing than keeping a marine reef.
So, due to the lack of cash and time, I cleaned out the system. For several
years now, I've looked at that empty 125 and wanted to start "something".
I've recently decided to restart the tank as a planted unit, with a few fish
here and there to amuse the kids.
    I was led to this board by a posting member, who is also an uncle....(you
know who you are....!)....he's kept plants and fish for as long as I can
remember, and is trying to keep me from making the huge mistakes I'm sure to
make. I've still got all of my marine equipment....metal halides, pH probes,
controllers, solenoids, et >>

I think I know your uncle - he is a man of great intelligence and personal
charm, right?  I would hope that he told you that you can have a very
successful planted aquarium without resorting to a hi-tech approach.
I bet he did! <g>

Bill