RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #19

Art without the bio-wheels on your filters you are missing some of the much
needed biological filtration on your tank. When you changed your filter
media you removed some of that biological filtration that you had and the
tank will need about a week or so to write itself.  But the problem is that
is going to happen every time that you remove the filter media unless you
get some bio-wheels in there...

Matt W.