florida flag fish

Look guys, misnomers are pretty common and very difficult to "correct,"
especially if they're already widely used.  They just become part of the
quirks of a language.  One example:  Moses parting the Red Sea.  It was not
the red sea that he parted, but the sea of reeds.  Just a mistranslation,
much the same as in the jordanella floridae case.

It's not a flag fish (which is a killifish) , nor is it even named after
Florida (as Doug Karpa-Wilson pointed out that floridae refers to "florid"
or colored like a flower).  I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that
it's a pup fish.

Time to move on from this troll ;)

-Frank