Re: none

> Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:26:55 +0000
> From: "Edward Venn" <e_venn at hotmail_com> asked:

> BTW how many people remember Jack Benny and all the rest of that
> group of wonderful comediens from the era when TV's were black and white
> and had mimulscule screens?

At the risk of perpetuating a non-germane thread, our favorites, among
others, were "Your Show of Shows" with Sid Caeser and Imogene Coca,
"Broadway Open House" with Morey Amsterdam and Dagmar, and "One Man's
Family" with Eva Marie Saint, etc., etc... We watched them on our first TV
set, a 5-inch B&W Sylvania, about the size of a small refrigerator.  In
fact, it was *bigger* than our under-the-counter refrigerator in the WWII
veteran's shack, where we spent three years from 1949-1952, while I was an
undergrad at M.I.T.  I don't think it's just nostalgia that makes me think
those programs were better than most of what's on TV today.

John T. Fitch
E-mail: jtfitch at spamcop_net
Web Site: www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html