DIY Python with smaller hose

I recently joined this mailing list (not because of the lawsuit, Gamera ;-) ),
and I have to say, this is by far the best!

Anyway, I've seen a lot of threads about Pythons. I'm trying to put together a
DIY version with a thinner hose so that I can attach a thinner gravel vac to
vacuum around the small area in between the plants. I have the waterbed kit to
attach to the sink. I cannot, for the life of me, find a garden-hose-to-barb
adapter (?) that attaches to the waterbed pump that's small enough on the other
end to fit this thin hose (I think 3/8"). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!