[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Freshwater Biology
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 00:39:12 -0800
- In-reply-to: <200204032048.g33Km1M06489 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
This scientific journal (Feb 2002) has an excellent paper of aquatic
plants(4 common species) on substrate versus water column uptake. Some
surprisingly interesting comments about how little they use the roots when
the nutrients are available in the water column(basically they don't use
them when nutrients are available).
This study was done with only 4 species but I think it applies well to
planted tanks and many other species.
Those that have it available to them may be interested.