plant ID question/happy anubias

At my LFS (Aquarium Center, MD), plant guru
Gloria gave me a cutting of a plant she cannot
identify. The customer who sold it to her said it
came from Japan. The leaves have the green color
of spatterdock (Cape Fear, I guess), and the leaf
has almost the same shape. The texture of the leaf
is quite fragile and soft. It has a long green stem,
about 4-5 inches on the plants at the store. Gloria
says that the stem she gave me as a cutting will
grow roots, it does not have a rhizome like
Spatterdock.

Any ideas what it is?

Also, I was a happy little anubias today. Gloria had
2 anubias species I had never seen before: A. moline
and A. ekona. I left with a big anubias smile on my
face. :-) (Locals, she has plenty left if you want to get
some. The A. moline is a bit ratty but will bounce back
with a little TLC.)

cheers,
    shireen

--