Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #1

Hello,

      You are unable to grow glosso flat with that much light? How
are you planting them in the substrate? Glosso can grow perfectly
flat with just 2 watts per gallon, as long as you grow it in an
open space and don't let any other plants shade it out. The trick
is to plant the individual strands sideways into the substrate from
the beginning. Almost all new growth will be through horizontal
runners. You can clip any shoots that go vertical. I used this
method to get flat glosso with 2 watts per gallon and DIY CO2 -
it fills in just a month or two.

Hope this helps,

Carlos