Hoods

2 watts/gallon (0,5 watts/litre) as the lower range and 6 watts/gallon (1,5
watts/litre) as
the higher range made me wonder how high-light-hoods look like.

Do you stack several fluorescents on top of eachother? Is this the reason
that many
hoods I see on photos are very tall?
(for example Leungs:
http://www.sfbaaps.com/gallery/common/2000_10_21_leung.jpg)

I had trouble fitting 4 (ordinary 36 watts) fluorescents in my 300 liters
hood. There
are no more space left. If the answer is "compact fluorecents" it would be
easier
to build a completely new (tall) hood than rebuild my old hood.

Comments, guidelines and blueprints are much appreciated.

// Daniel Larsson,
www.akvarie.net