Re: yeast in the tank

Tim wrote:

>There is funky
>white crap on everything (fungus, bacteria, IDK?)

Just been through this one, mine came from a microworm culture - mostly rid
of it now, it is a yeast bacteria, and the way to get rid of it is not to
add sugar in any form.  I stopped using Excel in that tank, which slowed it
down a lot, as that is, as I understand it, some form of sugar solution.   I
have also found that snails clean it up, I have ramshorns, but they tend to
die after a period, they go very pale first, look pickled, but keep putting
enough of them in, taking out the dead ones each day, of course, and it gets
rid of it.  Just trying to vacuum or wipe it off wasn't effective for me.

Kind regards,

Susi Barber
Vancouver