Re: Sudden NO2 spike

From: Mz anathema <anathema at the-anathema_org>
Subject: Re: Sudden NO2 spike
>Normal causes for biobug death are medication use, I've never
>heard of CO2 causing this.  I've just shot off a question to the puregold
>mailing list about that -- I'll let you know in a bit.

I got my answer back:

"the plants been sucking the wastes outta the water.  now the plants source
of "material" namely CO2 been cut off and they have stopped growing so they
shut down their uptake of ammonia.  if water changes arent done the
nitrites will kill off whatever biobugs there are in the tank and/or
filter.  Ingrid"

Hope this helps you.
--
http://www.the-anathema.org
   The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.