Re: Sudden NO2 spike

Aquatic Plants Digest <aquatic-plants-owner at actwin_com> wrote:
>So, anyone have any ideas as to the cause of the NO2 spike or suggestions for
>my course of action?  Could the lack of CO2 kill off all of the bacteria?
>Could the plants be leaching NO2 into the water? Is someone out there sending
>me bad vibes?

It sounds like your biobugs have been killed off, and the tank is going through
cycling again.  Normal causes for biobug death are medication use, I've never
heard of CO2 causing this.  I've just shot off a question to the puregold
mailing list about that -- I'll let you know in a bit.

Looks like you'll get to go through cycling again.  I presume you know what
this means -- many water changes, constant watching of the tank levels.  Not
easy to do when you hve a job and life, I'm afraid.
--
http://www.the-anathema.org
Your prize is the latest addition to our new range of transcendental