[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: algae ID
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: algae ID
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:38:22 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200203270358.g2R3w7c02092 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Subject: Help a Colorblind Guy ID some Algae?
> Pictures here: http://jerbaker.dhs.org/fish/algae.html
> Thanks in advance.
> - --
> Jerry Baker
Entromorpha, staghorn. Might be something else in there.
Cut and trim it all off. Your tank likely had something recently done to
upset it, generally a massive replanting, filter issue, pulling junk up from
the substrate w/o a water change after etc. Poor CO2/nutrients can also make
it appear. Nothing eats it(SAE's, Shrimps, snails, barbs will pick at it but
also pull up furry looking plants). Best is to trim it, do a water change,
make overall conditions good(add nutrients to decent target levels). It
hangs on for a little while but will go away if you keep after things.
- Re: algae ID
- From: Jerry Baker <jerrybaker at weirdness_com>