Re: diatom mats/grey slime

No, it does not seem to pearl at all.  This stuff seems to be more
covering the substrate and has about taken over the christmas moss I have.
It is greyish brown/blue in color, does not pearl, and reminds me of
almost a powdery sludge.    I own a UV light if that would really help,
but have not taken the time to splice it inline yet.

Robert