Re: Snails

(snip)

> Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:55:30 -0800
> From: Alan Kaufmann <Alan4ever at pacbell_net>
> Subject: Re:Snails
>
> Tom wrote "Botia striata does a great job at killing/eating them and
> is a nice little non-aggressive attractive fish."
>
> My question remains, "Is this little snail killer going to eat my
> shrimp?"  Or are they too fast?  Nervous Nellie want to know. J
>
> Alan

(snip)

Alan,
Botia striata will not eat your Amano shrimp or ghost shrimp. I have had them
as snail control in my tanks with amano shrimp for a long time.

FWIW, Botia lochata (yoyo loach) are okay in a community tank when small, but
IME they become aggressive when they get larger. I had to pull the ones I had
as they were shredding tetra fins.
Dave

multipart/alternative
  text/html