RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1719

> Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:30:24 -0800
> From: Alan Kaufmann <Alan4ever at pacbell_net>
> Subject: Re: Solenoid Valve for water drainage
>
> No, I wasn't joking.  I have never had the back of my toilet
> overflow.  I don't mean the bowl, I mean the water tank.  I
> am sure that it must happen from time to time, like when a
> hole corrodes through the float.  But I don't think it is very common.

FWIW, there is probably a drain pipe in your toilet tank that sits
higher than the typical water level (controlled by the float).  If the
float or valve fail, the excess water drains down this pipe, hence your
toilet tank has never overflowed.  Neither has mine, but my toilet
"runs" right now (I love apartment living) because the valve in the tank
is failing.  It's a common problem.

Dave VanderWall
Minneapolis, MN, USA