Re: Advice requested - new algae

Robert,

It sounds to me like you have grey slime algae.  A few
people that have had it have said that it will
eventually go away on its own, the key word being
eventually.  The best way to get rid of it is to hook
up a UV sterilizer.  I got an Aquanetics UV from That
Pet Place.  It's inline with the outlet of my Eheim
Professional 2222.  Killed it off in about a week and
it hasn't returned.  Do yourself a favor and do this.
You can fiddle with tank conditions until you're blue
in the face but it probably won't make a difference.
Others have had the same experience.  This stuff is
REALLY bad but killable if you know how.  Get the UV.

Cavan