Re: Algae growing in filter [APD V4 #1709]

Kate,

I don't have any personal experience with algae growing in a filter, but
I'll try to help.

It sounds like light exposure might be a problem.  Does much light fall on
your filters?  Limiting or eliminating the amount of light that the filters
are exposed to will limit the algae's ability to grow.  Also, you can
probably salvage the algae covered foam by simply drying it out
*thoroughly* and then cleaning it.  Hair algae doesn't produce resistant
spores, so a good drying out should kill it outright.

If I think of anything else that might help, I'll let you know.  Good luck!
--
Chuck