Soil heating cables

There should be no problem at all in using the cables!  However, I would
strongly recommend you use a Ground Fault Interrupter in the circuit, and
GROUND the water.  No point in taking any unneeded risks.  I was considering
using enameled copper wire, as the present day enamels are very sturdy!  I
was able to purchase some used Variacs, and I was planning to use them to
energize the wire.  I have both voltmeters and ammeters in the circuit.  But,
the idea of using the soil cables sounds a lot easier!

Thanks for the tip!

Jean