Soil Heating Cables

Has anyone tried or considered using soil heating cables for aquarium
use? They are used in greenhouses and coldframes for plant propagation
and are typically buried in soil. Two brands I've looked at, Gro-Quick
and Redi-Heat, are described as having a tough, moisture proof pvc
jacket and a continuous safety grounding braid. Cables come in lengths
of 10 to 240 feet with either automatic pre-set thermostats (70 F), or
for use with a separate thermostat which costs $142. Since they are
described as "moisture proof" and are designed for use in wet
environments, I wonder if they could be used for substrate heating? Any
thoughts?

Gordon Watkins