Discus and PO4

James Purchase wrote:

"Well, in my Onyx substrate tank, I have 3 actively growing Discus - and
they get fed and eat like pigs, so there is probably lots of PO4 in the
water column."

Out of curiosity, what do you feed your Discus? I see all the beefheart
recipes, and can't really see that working in a planted tank, but maybe so.
I've talked to some of the Discus breeders about converting the fish to
Tetramin before shipping the fish to me, and they refused. Said the Discus
won't eat it. I thought it would be a good idea to have the breeder grow
them out prior to putting them in a planted tank.

TW