Clown Loaches and Snails

I've had a Clown Loach in a 60 gallon tank for 4 years. It is still under
1.5" long and shows no sign of getting bigger. The ones in my 90 have been
there a year and are still under 1". They CAN get really big, but I think it
takes a big tank and very heavy feeding to get them there. My experience has
been that if you buy a group (which they prefer) there will be some that
just don't thrive/compete, and will waste away unless you make a real effort
to get food to them. Which is hard when there are lots of other fish in the
tank that don't hide during feeding time. Eventually you'll end up with one
or two that can survive on the snail and algae diet that the tank provides.

TW