Re:problem with water (was APD V4 #1679)

Hi John,

    I dont think you have any problem. The difference in your two pH
readings is a result of the CO2 in solution in your pressurized water main
escaping from the standing water that is now under lower pressure. That's
what all those bubbles are that appear on the walls of an aquarium filled
with fresh tap water. Add CO2 back into the water, and the pH will drop
again.

Hope this clears up the mystery,

Ron Barter,
Perth, Ontario