Dwarf African Frogs

Gilbert E. Martinez asked about african dwarf frogs:

My wife keeps two dwarf african frogs in her heavily planted 55 gallon tank.  She bought them initially because she thought they would eat the baby platies that were everywhere.  She has had frogs now for 4 years.  The first two died after about 2 years.  The frogs don't eat the baby platies, they don't eat the ghost shrimp, they don't appear to eat anythng except the blood worms my wife feeds them.  At least this second pair is smart enough to open their mouths when the worms drop on their heads.  The first pair, which were named "Dumb" and "Dumber" had a hard time recognizing food.  I don't know how they would have survived in the wild.

YMMV.

Best Regards

Roger Gordon

multipart/alternative