Re: Snails

I too have been experiencing explosions of MTS in all my tanks. I've tried
removing them by hand, with cantaloupe rind and cucumber, and with
snail-eating fish. These methods keep them in check temporarily, but they
rebound as soon as my removal efforts slacken. Drastic as it seems, I'd like
to rid all my tanks of all snails forever!

I'm tempted to try a chemical snail poison. There are so many snails in some
of my tanks that I worry that if they all died at once, the rotting snail
flesh could seriously pollute the tank. My plan was to mount a concerted
attack on the snails using manual and bait removal, then zap them with the
chemical.

Can someone tell me if these snail-killing chemicals harm plants and fish?
Is there a product that people recommend?

Thanks,
Amy