RE: Tiny tank filtration

Thanks to all who responded to my query about filtration on a tiny
tank (~2 gal).

I had a very lucky night last night at my fish club, and won a
raffle for an Aquaclear Mini!! (Plus the 50/50 raffle!)

Anyhow, Naomi hinted at ways to reduce the flow of the filter, and I
would certainly be interested in hearing more about them!  I have an
AC Mini running on my 5.5 gal kitchen tank, and would love to reduce
the flow (and surface agitation) of it, so I might try to do both
filters at once.  I would definitely appreciate suggestions.

One thing I thought of doing was glue on a "channel" to take the
water that would normally overflow back into the tank surface and
get it to go into some 5/8" tubing and release it under the water's
surface (or at the bottom of the tank).  Anyone ever try this?  I
have some designs in my head, but would love to know if anyone has
ever done it.

Would standard PVC solvent/glue "bond" to the plastic that the AC
mini is constructed out of?

TIA for the help!

-Tony
Oh, and I learned an important lesson -- don't design an overly
efficient CO2 reactor for a 10g tank -- the one I just built works
so well that I lost 6 ghost shrimp!  But, the neons and glow-lites
really seems to love the lower pH...

Check out my auctions of aquabid.com -- half the proceeds benefit
the APD Defense Fund!!
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?disp&viewseller&comgen