Re: Clippard Valve

"Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:07:51 -0500
From: "Mary Alice Kropp" <mak at thirtytwopaws_com>
Subject: RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1672

mak at thirtytwopaws_com wrote:

Is that a Cliipard valve? Because I've got one, also from
M3, and it frustrates the heck out of me. Every time it
needs adjusting (for example, when I need to change the
CO2 canister, it gets all out of whack), it seems
to take days to get it readjusted. "

and I reply:
      Perhaps you Just were lucky and got the finicky
valve.  I too, have a clippard valve from M3, and I've had
no problems.  I have a hodge-podged system I put
together myself.  There's a Miller regulator, an
adapter/hose my father(welder&mechanic) put together
for me, and the clippard valve, working fine.
      Just turn the knob on the valve very slowly to select
a bubble rate is all I can think to suggest.  And watch
your regulator.  I find that when I first set my system up,
it takes me a few days of tweaking the rgulator. Why?
The pressure gets to such-and-such  on the line
between the tank and  regulator and then slowly drops
off, via the check valve, and then I usually just check the
regulator next day and notch it back up to my desired
pressure.  I keep it at 20.
      The check valve form M3 has been great so far.
-Chrys
     My Aquarium-
http://chrys.addr.com/aquarium/
     My Photography Page-