RE: Dust algae and glosso

Rachel S. wrote:
"I didn't know that blackout was bad for glosso."
and  "I have a little bit that I am just starting to
try to get to grow, so i think I'll just pull it out
for the blackout. Speaking of glosso, it won't grow
vertically - it just crawls along the ground."

If you want it to grow vertically, do the blackout!! :-)
Seriously though, getting the glosso to crawl along the ground
is really the point, and most people have the opposite problem
(eg it grows up).   So, you have enough light for the glosso to
be grow properly, so be happy about that.  When I did my
blackout a few months ago to get rid of GW, my glosso patch
grew 6" tall!!

As for the sunllight... You might try blocking the light
compeletely as an experiment to see if it slows down the algae -
- I am not advocating this as a long term solution though --
very few people like super dark living rooms!

-Tony
Check out my Eichhornia diversifolia auction!
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi/?liveplants&1015817421