[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: prefilters for cansiters
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: prefilters for cansiters
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:13:28 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200203042048.g24Km2M08718 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Also handy and somewhat economical, although not necessarily as
> attractive, are the filter "sponge" socks that Marineland makes for
> it's Reverse Undergravel Filters and Biowheels. They cost about $3 or
> $4 each and are coarse enough not to load up too quickly. With a few
> snips you can stretch them over just about any intake tube. Other
> brands of socks can also be used.
> Scott H.
These are great for anyone using a Marineland filter(or other filters). It
will reduce filter cleanings down to once every 6 months or so. I rinse the
sponge about monthly to 6 weeks.